The most common cause of fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes is simply aging. A few small daily habits can make a big difference when it comes to preventing lines under eyes.
1. Exercise daily. Exercising can reduce swelling in your body and improve circulation, which will make your eyes look less puffy. If you’re not able to exercise regularly, try doing some yoga instead.
2. Eat a low-sodium diet. Salt can cause your body to hold more water. This, in turn, can cause swelling or puffiness around your eyes. Reducing salt in your diet may be able to stop eye bags before they even start.
3. Sleep for 6-8 hours a night with your head raised. Puffy eyes often appear when you haven’t gotten enough sleep. To reduce eye bags as you rest, sleep on your back with your head propped up on a pillow. Keep your head elevated all night.
4. Drink water before you go to bed. Drinking water can actually prevent fluid building up around your eyes. One 8 ounce (230 g) glass before bed could help stop bags from appearing in the morning when you wake up
5. Apply a daily eye cream to your eyes. Creams will moisturize the skin around your eyes to prevent wrinkles and bags. Some may be able to thicken the skin to reduce dark circles as well.
6. Remove your makeup before you go to bed. If you leave makeup on while you sleep, it can cause the area to swell. To remove makeup safely, apply eye makeup remover to a cotton pad or ball. Press it gently against your eyes for a minute to dissolve the makeup. Sweep up the eyelashes with the pad to remove mascara.
If you treat the skin around your eyes gently, you can keep your skin firm and prevent long-term damage.